Tuesday 5 April 2011

Things I've Learned...

- Affixing street signs to poles is a North American thing. Look up to the side of the building for street names.
- In most European public washrooms we've visitied cold water, no soap and shotty air dryers are all you get to wash your hands with.
- No matter how many times I practice the local term for "sorry" or "thank you", I say "sorry" or "thank you" in English!
- If European women are setting the fashion trends that we'll soon see in N. America, then ladies... get ready for the return of the scrunchie!
- Asking to not have housekeeping is impossible.
- Cheap hotels have thin walls.
- Read the details on travel tickets, make sure your guide books and info are up to date and ask questions!!! (see my post about Tangier, when I get to it!)
- Planning this trip on the fly is a lot more work than I thought it was going to be, and I don't know what I'd do without Matty (and his iPad!)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Can you please come back wearing a scrunchie?! :)

    ReplyDelete